I have a question concerning OCD and I would like to hear your opinion on whether I may be suffering from such a condition. >From the articles that I read I feel that I may. I often have feelings that the actions that I do may create harm to my love ones and the world in general. Sometimes I feel as if I have to touch the ground to show respect to the world and that I have to show respect in a religious manner. Like saying God Bless to handicap people. And I don't have a problem with this because if makes me feel good but sometime, a lot of times I get stuck were I will have to say it repetitively to make sure that the respect is there. I can sometimes overcome this and I will move one but this is a 24 hour thing with me. I am to the point to were it is getting worse and I also have it in my dreams. Is this something that I will overcome or is this something that I need medication and professional help with. Thank you for your time.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Dombeck responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Dombeck intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Dombeck to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Dombeck, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Dombeck and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.