My boyfriend slept with this girl before him and I were together. After being together for about 8 months, she sent him a picture of herself over Facebook when I was at work. He saved the picture on his computer without even mentioning it to me. She had originally sent it to him on his mobile phone. A few days later I found it on there because I was suspicious. I confronted him and he told me that it's just the sort of thing she does. He told me he ignored her and deleted it. A few months later I found the picture was in his recycling bin on his laptop. He said when she had sent it to him on his mobile he didn't receive it at first so he got her to send it him on Facebook instead. He admitted he saved the picture and his excuse was that, in case him and I ever split up, he could 'use' her picture for masturbating over.
I feel helpless. We have had endless problems because of her. I feel like I'm not good enough for him and aren't satisfying enough for him because he needed to save the picture of her.
I feel ugly and that he thinks she's way more sexy than I am.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.