It has really come to this for me, to seek on line help. I don't know what else to do.
I met him in 2003 and we automatically fell for each other. Long story short, we have two kids but he has never really been there for us and it hurts! I am now 28yrs old. My kids are now 7 and 8. It brings a lot of pain and tears to me but somehow we have managed to still maintain a sexual relationship and nothing more!
He always makes excuses about seeing our kids. I really don't want to go through this anymore. I don't know what to do. He has never really committed to me but once when we lived together for about six months and that was about 3 yrs ago. Sometimes he disappears from 3-8 months and 8 being the longest amount of time. He calls like nothing and wraps me back to him for a couple of months.
I've done this parenting stuff alone with the help, of course, from my parents and brothers! I need help with moving on from him. I'd like to know why I still let myself fall for him all over again when he has gotten so unattractive. He has gained so much weight but still I'm there!
I have done so much for myself and the kids with out his help. I have my own place, my own vehicle and I am going to school for nursing! But it pains me that I don't know what he's doing or what is keeping him away from me and his children. All my friends that were going through something similar with the father of their kids have moved on with their lives with some one else. I'm still stuck in the same place where he expects me to be. I don't want to do this anymore.
Please help, I need advice! Thank you.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.